Bill Me Later is subject to credit approval as determined by the lender, CIT Bank, Salt Lake City, Utah and is available to US customers who are of legal age in their state of residence. Bill Me Later is not available in the following categories on eBay: non-US sellers, adult, digital goods, weapons, alcohol, currency and motors (Bill Me Later is available for parts and accessories).
What is Bill Me Later?
- The newest payment method on eBay
- It's fast and easy - no credit card to enter and approval just takes seconds
- Your purchases ship to you now and the bill comes later
- All of your purchases will appear on one bill whether you buy electronics, home goods, apparel, or other items
- It's safe - you're covered with "Zero Fraud Liability" Protection
Click here to view the Bill Me Later Terms and Conditions.
Special Offer: Get 20% Back (up to $100)
Look for Bill Me Later at checkout and complete your purchase before midnight ET on August 31, 2010 to receive this limited time offer only available at eBay. Limit 1 per customer. This offer is non-transferrable.
- You'll receive 20% back as a statement credit, with a maximum discount of $100.
- Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for this amount to be reflected on your Bill Me Later statement.
Bill Me Later ® FAQs
- How do I sign up for Bill Me Later?
- How do I pay my Bill Me Later bill?
- Are Bill Me Later and PayPal the same company?
- Is Bill Me Later available for all items on eBay?
- Is there an annual fee to use Bill Me Later?
- What is the Annual Percentage Rate?
- Does Bill Me Later protect me from liability for unauthorized charges?
- Do I have a credit line and how much is it?
- What does Subject to Credit Approval mean?
- Do you check my credit report every time I make a purchase?
- How do I increase my Buying Power with Bill Me Later?
- Where else can I use Bill Me Later?
How do I sign up for Bill Me Later?
Just select Bill Me Later as your payment choice during checkout. When shopping on eBay, look for it below PayPal on the Choose Payment Method page. You’ll give your Date of Birth and the last 4 digits of your social security number, accept the terms, and you're done. Approval takes only seconds.
How do I pay my Bill Me Later bill?
You will receive monthly statements and can choose to pay in full or over time (interest charges apply). For your convenience, you can pay your bill on BillMeLater.com.
Plus, if you use Bill Me Later through PayPal, you can also view your purchases and pay your bill on PayPal.com. Even though your purchases appear in both places, you will only be charged once.
Are Bill Me Later and PayPal the same company?
Bill Me Later was acquired by PayPal in November 2008. Both Bill Me Later and PayPal are committed to providing customers with the fastest, most convenient buying experience online.
Is Bill Me Later available for all items on eBay?
Bill Me Later can be used for most purchases on eBay except in the following categories: adult, digital goods, weapons, alcohol, currency and motors (Bill Me Later is available for parts and accessories).
Is there an annual fee to use Bill Me Later?
No. There is no annual fee for using Bill Me Later.
What is the Annual Percentage Rate?
The Annual Percentage Rate is 19.99%. The Minimum Finance Charge is $2.00. Of course, you can choose to pay your entire balance by the payment due date and pay no finance charges.
Does Bill Me Later protect me from liability for unauthorized charges?
Yes, Bill Me Later provides “zero fraud liability” protection; the same protection provided by most major credit cards. This means you are not responsible for unauthorized charges. And your identity is validated with top-of-mind information such as date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. This means there is no account number that can be lost or stolen.
Do I have a credit line and how much is it?
Yes. Once you open a Bill Me Later account you will have a credit line, which we call your “buying power”.
Once you have completed your first purchase using Bill Me Later, we at CIT Bank open a Bill Me Later account with buying power equal to the amount of your purchase or $500, which ever is greater. You can now use Bill Me Later to make additional purchases. If those purchases would cause your outstanding balance to go above your buying power, then we will evaluate if you are eligible for more buying power and increase your buying power if you are. This happens seamlessly during the checkout process – you don’t need to do anything and it won’t slow down your checkout.
On an ongoing basis, your buying power will be either the highest total of balances you have had outstanding on your account at any time or a lower amount of which you have received notice, but will not be less than $500. Here’s an example of how this works:
- If your first purchase using Bill Me Later is $350 dollars, your initial buying power will be $500.
- If before you pay your first bill you make another purchase for $300, we will adjust your buying power to $650. (if you are eligible for higher buying power)
- If you then pay off $350 of your first bill, you will have $350 of buying power remaining. If you want to make another purchase using Bill Me Later for more than $350, we will increase your buying power again (if you are eligible for higher buying power).
You can always continue to make additional purchases up to your outstanding buying power, and we will consider increasing your buying power when your purchase goes above it.
What does Subject to Credit Approval mean?
Bill Me Later is a credit account that you can use to make purchases. CIT Bank will review and consider your credit report and other credit related information prior to opening your account and establishing your buying power. Creditworthiness is determined by CIT Bank. This process happens in a matter of seconds as part of the Bill Me Later checkout process. Once you are a Bill Me Later customer, you can rely on your buying power to make purchases. If you make a purchases that would cause your outstanding balance to go above your buying power, we will review your credit history and history with Bill Me Later to instantly determine whether to increase your buying power.
Do you check my credit report every time I make a purchase?
No, we pull a credit report on your first purchase and occasionally when you ask us to increase your buying power. We do periodically get updates to this report but these updates have no impact on your credit score. We review your account quarterly. If for any reason we reduce your buying power, we will notify you in writing of the reason.
How do I increase my Buying Power with Bill Me Later?
You increase your buying power by attempting a purchase that is above your buying power, We will treat that as a request to increase your buying power. We will take into account your credit history and history with Bill Me Later to instantly increase your buying power if you are eligible. This happens seamlessly during the checkout process – you don’t need to do anything and it won’t slow down your checkout.
Where else can I use Bill Me Later?
Bill Me Later is available at thousands of online stores that accept PayPal. It is also available on eBay and exclusively on thousands of other online stores that accept Bill Me Later.