PayPal Bonuses Policy
Please view download and save this policy.
- In General. PayPal currently offers a Merchant Referral Bonus programme ("the Bonus") to all account holders. By participating, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Merchant Referral Bonus.
- Eligibility. This Bonus is open to all PayPal users. PayPal reserves the right to discontinue this programme at any time within thirty days of notifying users. Should the programme be discontinued, you will receive the full bonus for new merchants you have referred under the following terms.
- Persons Who May Be Referred. You must only refer PayPal to individuals AND BUSINESSES with whom you have a pre-existing personal or business relationship (a "Merchant"). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you must not obtain names for referral from i) group email addresses or ii) THIRD PARTY BULK MAILING LISTS, CUSTOMER LISTS OR email lists. You must not submit yourself for this referral bonus. You will not be eligible for a bonus for referring a business that signs up for PayPal during a reduced fee promotional offer period.
- No Spamming. We strictly forbid the sending of unsolicited email to numerous recipients ("spamming") and any PayPal user who spams other Internet users for referral bonuses will have his or her account immediately and permanently terminated. See our Anti-Spam Policy for additional information.
- Number of Merchant Referral Bonuses. For a limited time, there are no restrictions on the number of Merchant Referral Bonuses you may earn.
Bonus Requirements. For each merchant that you refer to PayPal who completes the new account bonus requirements below, we will credit a bonus, under the following guidelines, to your PayPal account. A merchant will only be deemed to have been referred for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions if:
- They are not a PayPal user at the time of the PayPal Referral
- They sign up for a Premier or Business PayPal account
For all referrals, you must have a PayPal account in good standing. All conditions must be met before the Bonus expires.
Bonus Amount. The Merchant Referral Bonus is a revenue-sharing agreement in that bonus amounts will be derived from the Merchant's Net Merchant Sales ("NMS"), defined as the Merchant's Gross Merchant Sales (the sum of Website Payments and qualified Send Money transactions paid to the Merchant's account), minus any chargebacks, refunds and reversals. "Website Payments" are payments made through PayPal's Merchant Tools, including Buy Now and Donation buttons, Subscriptions & Recurring Payments, the PayPal Shopping Basket. "Qualified Send Money transactions" are payments made through the Send Money tab of the website where the user selects the Type "Goods (other)," "Quasi-Cash," or "Service". The bonus payment is based on the amount of NMS, as follows:
Initial Payout. When the Merchant reaches £150.00 GBP in NMS, and has become Verified, the initial £0.50 GBP bonus will be credited to your PayPal account.
If the merchant's Primary Balance is in a currency other than Pounds Sterling, the Initial Payout will be determined according to the following schedule:
Currency of Primary Balance £150.00 GBP NMS Equivalent Canadian Dollar $300.00 CAD Euros €200.00 EUR Yen ¥20,000 JPY US Dollar $200.00 USD Australian Dollar $200.00 AUD Swiss Franc 300.00 CHF Norwegian Krone 1,600.00 NOK Swedish Krona 2,000.00 SEK Danish Krone 1,500.00 DKK Polish Zloty 800.00 PLN Hungarian Forint 55,000 HUF Czech Koruna 6,000.00 CZK Singapore Dollar $400.00 SGD Hong Kong Dollar $1,900.00 HKD New Zealand Dollar $380.00 NZD Mexican Peso 2,2,00.00 MXN Israeli New Shekel 800.00 ILS Taiwan New Dollar 6,600.00 TWD Thai Baht 7,200.00 THB Philippine Peso 10,000.00 PHP Brazilian Real 400.00 BRL Argentine Peso 600.00 ARS Malaysian Ringgit 800.00 MYR
If your Primary Currency is in a currency other than Pounds Sterling currency, your Initial Payout will be awarded according to the following schedule:
Currency of Primary Balance Merchant Referral Bonus Amount Canadian Dollar $1.50 CAD Euros €1.00 EUR US Dollar $1.00 USD Yen ¥100 JPY Australian Dollar $1.00 AUD Swiss Franc 1.30 CHF Norwegian Krone 6.75 NOK Swedish Krona 9.00 SEK Danish Krone 6.00 DKK Polish Zloty 3.00 PLN Hungarian Forint 210 HUF Czech Koruna 24.00 CZK Singapore Dollar $1.60 SGD Hong Kong Dollar $7.00 HKD New Zealand Dollar $1.50 NZD Mexican Peso 15.00 MXN Israeli New Shekel 5.50 ILS Taiwan New Dollar 44.00 TWD Thai Baht 46.00 THB Philippine Peso 62.00 PHP Brazilian Real 3.00 BRL Argentine Peso 5.00 ARS Malaysian Ringgit 5.00 MYR
Residual Payout. After the Initial Payout, and as long as the merchant is still within the 12-month Payout Period, you will receive Residual Payouts equivalent to 0.5% of the Merchant's NMS in excess of £150.00 GBP no sooner than once every 30-days.
Maximum Payouts. You may only receive up to £750.00 GBPin combined Initial and Residual Payouts per referred Merchant. The total of your bonus may not exceed PayPal's revenue for the volume that you have driven. If your Primary Balance is in a currency other than Pounds Sterling, your maximum payout will be determined according to the following schedule:
Currency of Primary Balance Maximum Payout Canadian Dollar $1,500.00 CAD Euros €1,000.00 EUR US Dollar $1,000.00 USD Yen ¥100,000 JPY Australian Dollar $1,350.00 AUD Swiss Franc 1,300.00 CHF Norwegian Krone 6,800.00 NOK Swedish Krona 8,000.00 SEK Danish Krone 6,200.00 DKK Polish Zloty 3,200.00 PLN Hungarian Forint 210,000 HUF Czech Koruna 25,000.00 CZK Singapore Dollar $1,600.00 SGD Hong Kong Dollar $7,700.00 HKD New Zealand Dollar $1,500.00 NZD Mexican Peso 11,000.00 MXN Israeli New Shekel 4,000.00 ILS Taiwan New Dollar 33,000.00 TWD Thai Baht 36,000.00 THB Philippine Peso 50,000.00 PHP Brazilian Real 2,000.00 BRL Argentine Peso 3,000.00 ARS Malaysian Ringgit 4,000.00 MYR
- Initial Payout. When the Merchant reaches £150.00 GBP in NMS, and has become Verified, the initial £0.50 GBP bonus will be credited to your PayPal account.
- Payout Period. You are only eligible to receive Merchant Referral Bonus payouts for the first 12 months of the Merchant's account ownership.
- Payout Frequency. You will receive your Initial Payout within one week of the Merchant reaching the initial £150.00 GBP in NMS and becoming Verified. Residual Payouts will be made no sooner than every 30 days thereafter.
- Method of Referral. To receive credit for referring a Merchant, the Merchant must sign up for his or her PayPal account by going to the PayPal site through your Merchant Referral Link.
- Exclusivity. For each account which you refer, you are only eligible to receive a bonus under either the Refer-a-Friend Bonus Programme or the Merchant Referral Bonus Programme, and not both.
Additional Terms and Conditions.
- Bonus Period. PayPal reserves the right to discontinue the Bonus for any reason, at any time and for any duration at its sole discretion, and without notice.
- Remedies for Your Non-compliance. If PayPal determines in its sole discretion that you have not complied with these Terms and Conditions, it may, in addition to any other rights and remedies it may have against you, immediately and without notice to you, withdraw all benefits to you under the Bonus (including, without limitation, by cancelling or declining to credit any and all refunds issued or to be issued to you in connection with the Bonus and, by declining to send or stopping from being sent, any Bonus payments).
- Limitation of Liability for PayPal. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER PAYPAL NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS OFFER. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION), DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between you and PayPal with respect to the Bonus.
- Variation of the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be amended by PayPal in its sole discretion at any time and these amendments will apply to you when you next use the PayPal service. Any such amendments will be posted to this page, and it is your responsibility to review this page from time to time for such amendments.
- Currency. Unless otherwise stated, all amounts in these Terms and Conditions are in Pounds Sterling.
- Severance. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, such invalidity will not affect the remaining provisions.
- Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England. You hereby irrevocably consent and submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.